Friday, September 23, 2011

Engaged... now, what!?



I want to say I've gotten recently engaged, but I cannot believe how fast the time has flown since that memorial day weekend! I've decided that with my love of blogging, the inspiration from various bridal blogs and the slim amount of information I've seen about Asian weddings, it was a perfect opportunity to chronicle my year of planning.

My dilemma as an Asian American bride.... having that 'dream' wedding, but also making my uber traditional parents happy.  Everyone says don't forget that its your day, but honestly a wedding is a time when both families come together so as much as it is mine, is it also theirs. With my mom so excited, happy to readily input her own personal opinions and keep things traditional, I really couldn't take that away from her. The compromise for me, figuring out how to do things traditional with a twist.

Please follow me on my journey of wedding planning galore - a traditional modern affair to incorporate my own personal wedding flair and keeping Chinese traditions


pic via

No comments: