Sunday, November 20, 2011

Georgetown Cupcake Wedding

I was recently flipping channels and came across TLC's DC Cupcakes.  DC Cupcakes is as you guessed based in Washington D.C.   It takes place at Georgetown Cupcake, which is famous for their cupcakes and lines around the corner in Georgetown in D.C.  Since I'm from the area, I have been to Georgetown Cupcake numerous times, bought cupcakes for birthdays and gone when out of state guests are in town.  However with that being said, I'm not a HUGE cupcake person... I kinda feel that most cupcakes are overrated, but a cupcake is a cupcake and its still tasty whether or not you are into the whole cupcake fad or not.  Well with the height of the cupcake fad, came out DC cupcakes featuring Georgetown Cupcake's sister owners, Sophie LaMontagne and Katherine Kallinis. 


When you're plannning your wedding, anything wedding peaks my interest, so although I've never watched DC cupcakes before, a wedding episode will surely suck me in.   Katherine gets married at the San Ysidro ranch in Montecito, California, which is beyond gorgeous and a fabulous affair with the most amazing cupcake wedding cake I have ever laid eyes on - 9 feet tall and made of 5,000 cupcakes!  Her wedding was an absolutely gorgeous elegant affair.  She walked down the aisle in a beautiful Vera Wang gown, which waas a little too tight on her wedding day.  It was rumored that she passed out before walking down the aisle because it was too tight. She unzipped the back when she walked down the aisle. 







What are your thoughts on this wedding? 

3 comments:

Chicago Chic said...

Absolutely stunning photos! I'm your newest follower by the way!

xRachel

Sam said...

I think it's gorgeous! <3

http://samalamode.blogspot.com/

Style, She Wrote said...

So sweet! If you like weddings, you may enjoy the recap of C's wedding here: http://www.styleshewrote.com/2013/01/modern-romance-crista-michael-in-new.html

xo style, she wrote